How to use these resources:
What will these resources help me to do?
Working through medicines management e-learning resources will help you to develop you knowledge and/or increase you skills in a range of medicines management and change-management topic areas; all intended to be used to support multi-professional healthcare teams to improve medicines management systems and processes. Links to all of the resources available for this specific medicines management topic are listed in the menu on the left.
Suggested ways to use the resources.
The resources are designed to be used either independently of each other, or in combination. You may wish to use all, some or only one of them. Which you use depends as much on your preferred learning style as anything else but here is an overview of what each of the resources can do for you:
• A link to the learning objectives and impact assessment for this particular topic can be found at the bottom of this page. This will give you an indication of what you can expect to learn from completing all of the resources described below.
• The five minute guide is an easy-to-read leaflet that will give you a quick overview of the topic and jog your memory about the key issues surrounding it.
• If you are new to the topic, or not very familiar with it, try listening to the recorded ‘less than 60 minute’
e-learning event. These are split into short sections each taking between 10 and 15 minutes to listen to. The slides can be enlarged so that you can read them more easily by clicking on the full screen icon at the bottom right of the slide. Many of the sections include short activities for you to undertake individually and the presentations can be paused and re-started at any time to enable you to complete them.
• The quiz and case studies can be used to test your knowledge of the topic before and/or after listening to the ‘less than 60 minute’ e-learning event. The case studies are fictional but representative of 'real world' scenarios where you can check and apply your understanding and compare your answers with suggested responses. The case studies are likely to be particularly useful to people who like learning in context. You will be able to print your score from the quiz to include in your CPD record.
• If you want to explain the key messages from the topic, or discuss the key issues with a colleague or group, the key slides can be downloaded for use as a PowerPoint presentation. The key slides are taken directly from the ‘less than 60 minute’ e-learning event so if you intend to use them you should first of all familiarise yourself with the supporting narrative.
• Where supporting links and documents are available, these can be found in the publications and resources link in the left-hand menu.
How long will it take me to complete the learning on this topic?
This will vary from person to person of course but we expect that a case study or quiz will take 15-20 minutes to complete and the recorded workshops will take no longer than 60 minutes in total (although many are shorter than this), and are divided into shorter, more manageable sections.
How are NPC materials produced?
NPC medicines management materials are written and produced by NPC staff and other experienced healthcare professionals and managers working for the NPC on a commissioned basis. The NPC has a track record of producing high-quality written materials, all of which are subject to a rigorous quality assurance process.
Please give us feedback
These e-learning resources will be reviewed and updated on a regular basis to ensure that they are still relevant and reflective of current NHS practice. If you have used any of these materials, and have comments or suggestions either about the content, or how they can be improved, please use our feedback form.
Less than 60 minute e-learning events
Hot-synch your brain by watching and listening to a short workshop on a key topic, all in less than 60 minutes.